The study of a second and third language is a required component of the TIS educational program. Learning a second language at an early age has the following benefits for children:
- Enriches and enhances a child’s mental development;
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening;
- Improves a child’s understanding of his/her native language;
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people she/he would otherwise not have the chance to know;
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.